Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I got a trophy!!

I'm a Tottie Award winner, baby!!

That's right guys. I FINALLY won a stinkin' hot Tottie!


Don't know what the Totties are? That's okay. Neither does anyone else! However, the Tottie Awards are a super big deal in our local community theater. I've been nominated for a few other Totties before, but after 6 long years, I finally won! SO STOKED! That's my elated face up there, as if you couldn't already tell. 

The awards are named after a local woman who offered so much to the theater and did a lot for the community. Tottie must be a superstar because she even has a cute little garden area named after her right in the middle of the town. 

Anyhoodle, I finally won my Tottie for Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical as Paulette from "Legally Blonde." I was actually nominated for my portrayal as UIla from "The Producers," as well, in the same category.  

I'm so happy I finally won. I was a little sad that I was nominated against two of my friends. They are both awesome! Shout outs to Katy and Marina!

I was also pleasantly surprised that "The Producers" swept the Totties bringing in "Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical" (Nicholas - whoop whoop!!), "Best Costume Design," "Best Scenic and Lighting Design," "Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical," "Best Choreography," "Best Antagonist", "Best Comedic Troupe," "Best Director," and "Best Musical."

Legally Blonde also took home a win by my girl, Lexie, for "Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical," as Elle Woods. 

I'm so happy for all of the winners. Congrats everyone!!! Brava!    
             



2 comments: