Thursday, August 29, 2013

First day of school


Today was my first day back to school - getting my sub on. 
And here I was thinking I wasn't gonna get called in again this week. Wrong.
Like an idiot, I stayed up until 4am. 
What was I doing?
Rewatching Pretty Little Liars season 1, of course, trying to catch the clues of who A really is. Clearly
But then I woke up this morning to a text message buzzing in my ear at 8:29 telling me to be at school at 8:30!! YIKES!!!!

So I'm rushing to get ready, but then not even 2 minutes later, I get a phone call from a very nice woman in administration telling me to take my time and that there was some kind of glitch because it should have been posted yesterday. 
So by the time I got ready and drove the 30 minutes to get there, it was already 9:45. 
Today was still pretty good though considering I was thrown into a classroom with not much of a lesson plan and not really knowing what was going on. Luckily, I was teaching elementary art, so the kids and  I were able to have a fun time. 

The kinda crappy part of today was that I had to tell multiple students that I'm not their 'real' teacher. Today was the students' first day of art class. Some of my older students who I've seen for 1.5 years now were so excited because they assumed that I was going to be their new teacher, but I had to burst their bubbles. It was really flattering that when I told them I'm still just their sub they said, "awww....," and then just turned back to their work. The look on their faces was priceless. Kinda reminded of Charlie Brown. Waaah waaaah. 

I also had to explain to the new kindergartners what a substitute teacher was. Pretty adorable those ones! At one point they all surrounded me because they wanted to tell me about their pictures...all at the same time. Needless to say, it was a little strange and claustrophobic. But still definitely adorable. 

Top: Forever 21
Skirt: New York and Company
Heels: Windsor
Watch: New York and Company
Earrings: Gifted




No comments:

Post a Comment