Saturday, October 12, 2013

double shots....not what you think


So I went to the Dr.'s on Thursday to get a chicken pox shot. Believe it or not, I've never had the chicken pox and I'm not immune. I took the test a few years back just to make sure. Well, I'm sitting in the chair and the nurse puts the shot in and is like, "Okay, you're all done!" I'm thinking great, get me outta here. 

So I remind her to kindly please tell the insurance people that I needed the vaccine because I'm in the schools teaching and I'm not immune to chicken pox. And as soon as the words 'chicken pox' was uttered from my lips, the nurse's jaw dropped. She accidentally gave me the wrong shot, thinking I was only coming in for a flu shot....

Luckily, I was able to get both shots since one is a live virus and the other is not. 
Unlucky for me, my arm is still killing me where the flu shot was put into my arm. 

Lesson learned: Always tell your nurse what vaccine you need before they stick one in your arm. 

Sweater: Forever 21
Jacket: Forever 21
Pants: H&M
Boots: Charlotte Russe
Scarf: Charlotte Russe


No comments:

Post a Comment