Sunday, August 4, 2013

going to the chapel

A huge HELLO to all of my lovely friends. Let's catch up! I haven't been on around for a month. A MONTH! First, it was because I was so busy with rehearsals and just to dang tired to even think about writing anything. Then, it was just because I got super lazy. Lastly, I got busy again because I've been so consumed with finding things for my wedding!!

That's right!! This girl got engaged to the love of her life! Evan popped the question on July 15 and it was a total surprise. I knew that he was going to do it (or at least hoping that he would do it) before the summer ended. We had gone to look at rings 6 months ago and have talked about it so many times! 

When our three year anniversary rolled around I was like "ooooo yes, this is gonna be it!!" ....and then it didn't happen. I later thought it was going to happen when we went to Lancaster, as some kind of surprise there....and then it didn't happen. And let me just say, me thinking it was going to happen and then it not ever happening occured more then these few mentioned times. It was getting to be a bad very habit with me and basically consuming my thoughts. It was bad. Just really, really bad.

So after thinking that Evan was going to pop the question multiple times and being slightly disappointed because of the built up, wild, amazing engagement fantasies in my mind, I finally stopped thinking about it and focused on the Wedding Singer and Princess Week at Idlewild. 

BTW, The Wedding Singer went really well and I had an amazing time and made new friends in the cast. I also love that I got to reconnect with old friends. I feel like by the end of the run, we were all such a tight knit family. It was a pretty amazing time. It's pretty funny that I also caught the bouquet during the show! HA! 
And yes, that is a wig from Disney's Brave and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHAWN!

So the day after The Wedding Singer closed, Princess Week started. I was playing Cinderella for the second year in a row. This Cinderella was excited because she got to wear new glass slippers that didn't hurt for poor little feet. :)

OHHH speaking of the shoes, they were M.I.A. for about an hour and all the princesses and our amazing royal seamstress were all freaking out because we couldn't find the slippers!!! What is Cinderella to do without her famous slippers? It was a huge problem, but luckily my girl Rapunzel found them for us and the day was saved literally 5 minutes before Cinderella had her big debut. Phew. Crisis averted. 

So anyway, I'm going about my day, not really thinking anything about Evan, but I knew that I was going to meet him afterwards because we were going to a party that night. Not even trying to look good until the party starts, I leave the park with my hair still up in my wig cap and my hat on my head. I'm a gross sweaty mess and have not a care in the world. LaLaLa


As I'm walking to my car, I see Evan there with flowers. 
Side note - Evan "forgot" to give me flowers when he came to see The Wedding Singer.



So he comes over to me with the flowers, and of course I'm not expecting to meet him yet, so I was so happy to see him!! And he said, "You remember those flowers I forgot to give you?" and I said " Awww, babe, you didn't have to do that."  And then he said "I also brought you something else." He then proceeded to get down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. 





Of course the first thing that ran through my mind was "YES, YES, YES, YES, YES! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I'M SO HAPPY!" 
The second thought was "You're doing this now?" I was extremely surprised! I had no idea.
Then the third thought was "Get a picture!!! I want to remember this moment forever!"
The thought that immediately followed was "Oh no...I look like a bald baby the moment that Evan proposed...!!"

But even though I looked like a bald baby, it doesn't matter. I had a wonderful surprise proposal. And I think of it this way, it may not be what I had imagined in my mind, but this man loves me. And he loves me even when I look like a bald baby. Though it's not what some might call a "fairy tale" proposal, it's my fairy tale and I couldn't be happier. 

I get to marry the man of my dreams! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment