Monday, March 25, 2013

Blue Girl


Hello, dolls! These shorts were bought a few weeks ago when my sister Lindsey and I took a quick trip to North Carolina for a job interview she had. Naturally, we stopped at the mall. I picked these shorts up at Francesca's. They are amazingly comfortable, but the best part is that they can be dressed up or dressed down. 
But these make me think of something else....



Jacket: Charlotte Russe
Blouse: Forever 21
Shorts: Francesca's
Booties: Charlotte Russe
Necklace: Target
Bracelets: Charlotte Russe
Belt: New York and Company

This pairing made me think of my days working at Dutch Wonderland, where I had acquired a little fan base of young children who loved my crazy antics. One little adorable boy, in particular, called me "Blue Girl." His favorite show was Funsation Celebration and his mother had taped it for him and he would apparently watch it like every night before bed. According to his mother, he also had a blue toy car and said that it was "Blue Girl's car!!" HOW STINKING CUTE, RIGHT!?!? I was so loved. 

Here's a little peak of what he made me for my last day at the park. His photo and name have been cropped off to protect his privacy. It was signed by my "biggest fan." Not making this up! It was the best thing ever. 


Clearly, that's me - the blue all over the page. 


"Dear 'Blue Girl,' I love Funsation Celebration! Thanks for all the great shows this summer. It won't be the same w/o you! Have a great school year!"

Isn't that the sweetest? His mom knew that I was leaving the park a week early because I had student teaching. It was one of the sweetest things ever. 


Here's a little bit of the show, so you, too, can jam with "Blue Girl." heh....

Shout out to all of my Dutchwonderful friends!! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment