Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11


It's so hard to believe that it's been 11 years since the 9/11 attacks. I remember exactly where I was when I heard about what happened. There were so many announcements over the loud speaker that day for students to leave school. It was early in the morning. I was in 8th grade, 3rd period music class with Mr. Molinaro. No one had any idea what was happening until we turned on the tv.
I remember we all sat in awe and watched as one of the towers burned. It was so surreal. That image has been forever burned into my mind.
All day students were being called to the office to go home because Flight 93 crashed so close to us. It was almost like it wasn't happening.
I remember going home that day and walking into the house where my father was watching the footage of the men and women jumping out of the towers to escape the smoke. We just sat there in silence. 

The men and women who died in the terrorist attacks will never be forgotten. 



It's also been two years since my grandmother passed away. I miss her so much that I still cry about it sometimes. You'll never be forgotten either, Gram. We all miss you so much. I wish you were still here with us. I think you'd be proud of me; I try to make you proud. Thank you so much for always loving me, taking care of me, and encouraging me to grow as a young Christian woman. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment