Thursday, September 13, 2012

go ahead, have a cow


I've had these leggings for almost 3 years. Now that the leather fad has come back I'm ready to bust them back out. Maybe in small doses, but I think that's okay.
I feel like I'd be afraid to wear these out to a lot of places, because I don't particularly like wearing leggings out in public. But, luckily I have some shirts that will come down far enough to cover my bum. This particular pair of leggings are the Miley Cyrus brand from Wal-Mart. I bought them for 12 dollars I believe. I actually purchased these for a Halloween costume; I was going as Kim Kardashian, go figure. 


Anyhoodle, I'm really enjoying this particular pairing because the faux leather look looks sleek against the knit sweater. This sweater is from Forever 21 and has a hi-low cut. I love this sweater! I wear it every chance I can. I also really like this sweater because the low cut in the back covers up my backside, and that's always a plus in these pants. It's perfect for changing weather because it's not too heavy, but just heavy enough to keep me warm.  I purchased this sweater last summer, so unfortunately they no longer have it in stores or online.

I would wear this outfit to the movies, shopping, or to a casual lunch with friends. You could really swap out the shoes for oxfords or ballet flats to be more comfortable. However, these peter pan booties from Charlotte Russe are both comfortable and they look oh-so-cute.

If you're into the trend, so many stores are selling faux leather leggings and pants. I know that New York and Company has some really good quality ones. 

Sweater: Forever 21
Leggings: Wal-Mart - Miley Cyrus
Booties: Charlotte Russe
Jewels: Burlington

 Again, thanks for reading and have a happy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment