Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter memories


Oh my gracious. I'm so excited that it's already Easter weekend! It's so hard to believe that it's already here. But it's a good thing. This weekend makes me reminisce about my childhood. Every Easter the families from my church would travel down to Nashville, TN to participate in the Lads to Leaders and Leaderettes convention at Opryland Hotel.

This was the highlight of our year and basically what the rest of the year revolved around. It was always so gratifying because I won a ton of medals and trophies for my hard work! Winning.

We would all do things like, read the entire Bible as a family (always procrastinating till the very last second to do so, seriously, like in the car on the way down from PA to TN kinda procrastinating), create Bible verse themed posters and scrapbooks, song lead, do things to become a "Good Samaritan," and memorize bible verses. Oh how I tolerated loved memorizing those things. But, now I wish I was still young enough to partake in those activities...even the memorizing. But, the best part was being on the Bible Bowl team. 

Bible Bowl is basically where a bunch of teams from Churches of Christ from all over the country battle it out to see who knows the most about a particular book of the Bible which was chosen the prior year. Man, 
I couldn't wait until I was old enough to be on the team, because all the older kids seemed like they were having so much fun.  Then when I was finally on the team, I didn't really like it so much because it required a crap ton of studying, but in the end, it was completely gratifying to know what you've accomplished.


Wow, childhood memories. And when I was super young, we would haul it up to my grandparent's house and have a massive Easter egg hunt with the rest of the family. There are 17 of us cousins in the Weimer clan. Talk about a good time. 


I hope you all have a fun and blessed Easter! xoxo







Dress: Dorthy Perkins

Heels: Target
Jacket: Forever 21
Necklace: Charlotte Russe
Bag: T.J.Maxx (Stella & Max brand)


No comments:

Post a Comment