Tuesday, April 16, 2013

being a good citizen and all that jazz


I had jury duty for the past two days. I know, right! Ugh. It's the worst. Actually, it's not so bad. But it really snotted on my parade, because that meant that I'd be missing out on work and I only make $9 a day as a juror. And this really burned my biscuits. I'm left with a whopping $3 once I paid for parking. And negative money once I bought lunch. linaiefyoai!

I was praying that they would send me home yesterday without picking me. Yeah right. As soon as I walked into that court room, I knew... I could smell it in the stale air that I was going to be picked. Those attorneys were looking at me like meat that would give a fair trial without bias. And you know what, that's exactly what I did. So HA!

And I suppose overall that it was really okay. It was semi-interesting, at least. However, next time I want to be on a criminal case. I think that's much more my speed. OH! And there was a tad bit of comic relief. The one attorney kept calling his client the name of the defendant and the defendant the name of his client. And then the judge said something snarky and hilarious that made everyone laugh pretty hard. 


The end.     :)

Top: T.J.Maxx; similar here and here
Skirt: Charlotte Russe (super old)
Shoes: Target
Belt: H&M
Bag: H&M; similar here and here
Earrings: Charlotte Russe
Watch: New York and Company
Headband turned Necklace: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment