Monday, June 10, 2013

to the max


Hi, everyone! I'm enjoying my first few days of summer vacation. The last week of school was definitely brutal considering that none of the kids wanted to be there and they definitely did not want a substitute teacher telling them that they still had to behave. But we all made the best of the situation and made it to the end without any serious meltdowns! And this week we have extra long rehearsals for The Wedding Singer to keep me busy, as well as VBS at church. 

So, these past few days I've just been taking it easy and enjoying my time off. Last night was the Tony Awards, my favorite night of the year. I was so pleased with this year's awards show. I really had no complaints other than Phantom of the Opera being lip synced. But, what can you do. Plus I got to spend time with my lil pooper. We laughed, we cried, and ate a bucket o' hell. And for those of you, which is probably everyone reading this, a bucket o' hell is merely a bowl of popcorn. Nicholas just hates it once it gets cold and gave it the name "bucket o' hell."

Funny story about the popcorn - a few years ago I was eating popcorn in Nick's room one night while we were watching a movie (probably Clue) and I left the bowl in there, kernels and all. He said he would take care of it, so naturally I thought nothing of it. I came back literally at least 9-12 months later and that thing was still in his room! He was afraid to touch it. Because it was a "bucket o' hell...."  This is true, btw. 


I hope you enjoy today's outfit! I'm trying to find more maxi skirts that will actually fit me.  It's pretty difficult since I'm so short. I'm only 5'2", so most of the skirts and dresses I find are a few inches too long. I was lucky to find this one at Target for less than $20. 

Maxis are perfect for summer because they can be dressed up or down and you can find them in so many different fabrics and patterns. This one is cotton, so it's obviously going to be a little warmer than one of chiffon, but it's still not too hot. I wore this skirt on a day where it was in the 80's and I was quite comfortable. 

Also, I promise this is the last time the mirrors will be smudgy. I actually cleaned them last night! Unfortunately, I took these pictures before they were cleaned.


Top: T.J.Maxx; similar here (SUPER CUTE from UO), here, and here (love this one's structure)
Skirt: Target
Shoes: Charlotte Russe
Gold Rings: H&M
Aztec Ring: Burlington
Necklace: Charlotte Russe
Bangles: Charlotte Russe
Belt: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment