Saturday, September 1, 2012

First Boyfriend


Though this post is titled "first boyfriend," I don't mean my sweetie or any previous boyfriend for that matter.
I'm talking about the glory that is the boyfriend jean. I bought my first pair this week while shopping at the Tanger Outlets with my sister. After about a year and a half of looking at the different bf jeans, I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a pair. The ones in these pics are from American Eagle. Fortunately, I was able to buy them on the sale rack for only $25!

This particular style is called "boy fit." This style was what I had always considered the boyfriend style; cuffed, slightly wrinkled, loose fitting, straight legged - this pair of pants had all these things. The style that was actually titled "boyfriend" was nothing like I had imagined. They were definitely not loose, nor were they cuffed, straight legged, or slightly wrinkled. They were too tight in size 4 and even still  when I went to the 6! So that was a no go. But the "boy fit" jeans make me feel like a skinny Minnie; these are a size 2 and still a bit loose and that's in juniors sizing. Nice! I think I've found my new love.

This outfit works when you're going out with friends for lunch or hanging out with friends on campus in the brisk fall weather. It looks casual yet pulled together because of the oxfords and the blazer. Also, don't be afraid to mix black and brown. Sometimes they can look surprisingly well together.

Thanks for reading!  

Shirt: Walmart - Miley Cyrus; similar here
Blazer: Burlington; similar here and here
BF Jeans: American Eagle here and here
Shoes: Kohls - Candies; similar here
Hat: Forever 21; similar here
Watch: New York and Company
Necklace: gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment