Sunday, September 2, 2012

Solo Holiday


Though I should have been spending this beautiful three day weekend with friends, I'm not. I had planned a great big weekend full of action packed fun. But, things just didn't work out. So here I am, sitting alone in my room like a recluse. However, I did manage to get a lot accomplished on the blog and get it spiffed up a bit. So, I guess that's a plus.
And on the bright side, I made some money and got to spend some quality time with my grandpap. 




That always makes me feel better - spending time with my pap. He really is the most positive and cheery person. It's like nothing gets him down, even on his worst days. I hope I could be just like him someday, unconditionally optimistic. He is such an inspiration in so many ways. 

The day started off kind of crummy here. It was super rainy and dark; it was the kind of day that makes you want to sleep in and spend the rest of the day curled up in your pj's with your favorite book. But, it was so nice this afternoon and evening that I decided to don my Aztec maxi that I got for only $17 at Boscov's earlier this summer. This dress is so comfortable and I love that it is light enough to wear in the summer, but yet keep me warm in the fall.

Pairing it with the chambray shirt provides extra warmth for those chillier fall days. It also looks super cute with a wide belt to cinch the waist and to help show off your curves.  


And now off to spend the rest of my night watching cartoons with my pap. 

As always, thanks for reading!
Dress: Boscov's; similar here, here, herehere and here
Shirt: H&M; similar here and here
Shoes: Forever 21
Bracelets: Burlington
Watch: New York and Company

No comments:

Post a Comment